LADIES & GENTLEMAN: THEO & CO PIZZERIA

THEO KALOGERACOS>THE MAN>ROCK "N" ROLL STAR>PIZZA LEGEND>


Thursday the 27th July I graced my presence at Theo & CO Pizzeria in Leederville. 

Welcomed by Theo Kalogeracos himself (wearing a Ryan Adams t-shirt of course, I want it!). 
When you first enter Theo & Co, you are greeted by amazing rock n roll tunes to your ears, with wooden floors boards, fake cow hide booths, Cool light fixtures, an amazing skull mural, and local and international amazing band art. 
The vibe in here pretty much describes Theo in interiors.

The staff at Theo & Co are on the ball! 
Always quite a busy place, but the staff are quick, efficient, polite, and make you feel as though you have been friends for years(without being creepy).




I decided to review two of Theo's vegetarian pizza's, and ask him some questions.



First up: 
Skillet Mac & 4 Cheese: (I got the vegetarian option, but it usually comes with the following) Elbo pasta is coated in a creamy parmesan ricotta egg mix then placed on the skillet base, with Prince prosciutto, stretched curd mozzarella & fresh local Oaskford WA 
mozzarella.


4/5 ****
"This Pizza was heaven in my mouth, with every bite my tastebuds were dancing. With perfectly cooked pasta and a hefty amount of parmesan sprinkled over the top. I couldn't ask for more!"




Next up:
Farmers Market: Chia seeds are rolled into the pizza base then topped with mozzarella  fire roasted red capsicum, grilled zucchini, garlic baked pumpkin,finished with beetroot, dollops of yoghurt and parsley.



5/5 *****
" This pizza has a very interesting combination of flavours, it was like with every bite I tasted something new. the crunchy base because of the chia seeds, really made this pizza. This would be one of my favourite pizzas. 

Theo was kind enough to show me the making process of this pizza. Video below.


                               Making of the pizza




         Taking the pizza out of the oven, cutting and decorating the pizza




                              Serving of the pizza







QUESTIONS


1.Describe Theo & Co in a sentence? 
We are a true pizzeria, we do pizza and pizza only! All different styles from Contemporary Australian, to Roman and Detroit. Don't forget our dessert pizzas.   
1
.D

2.How did it all begin?
I was a baker by trade and started at age 21, I stopped at 30. I lived in the hills and there were two bakeries already, so I decided to do a pizza shop. how hard can it be? FUCKING HARD!!!!




3. Why Pizza?
Being a baker I stuck to what I know, dough! Pizza is only as good as the dough. Shit dough, then you are going to get shit pizza.




4. What was your childhood home like? 
Mum is a legend, and dad is a good friend but a shit dad. I was lucky I grew up with both of my Grandparents in North Perth, with a big garden, chickens, lock stock the fucking lot.




5. Where do you get your pizza ideas and names from?
Pizza names come from my love of music, so i'll pick a local band or song title and try and use it, but it has to make sense. Not using it just to say the name. For example: our mudhoney pizza is rich chocolate browny on a pizza base with choc bits, ice-cream, ganache and honey.



6. What are your top priorities when creating a new pizza and name?
Less is more, don't fuck with it! 2,3 or 4 ingredients and let the name tell you what the pizza is. 



7.What has been the biggest challenge so far?
Kicking my own ass!! When you work for yourself you always...ALWAYS have to be at the top of your game. There is no boss above you to tell you that your doing a shit job, you have to recognise that yourself and do something about it.



8.Are there any downsides to running a restaurant?
No, I love it.



9.What do you love about what you do?
The people I work with, they are my family, my friends, my co workers, my drunk buddies. When I'm out till 4am and lying in a gutter I know who to call.



10.What is the most unusual thing to happen whilst working?
In Leederville when the Leedy hotel would go off Wednesday nights. Being a Uni night the whole of Leedy would be trashed. 
One time we had a guy come in who had been stabbed in the hand (all the way through) and asked us for a tea towel. On another Wednesday we were out the back throwing out rubbish, and there was a girl, pants down taking a piss, All class.




11.What are you future goals for Theo & Co?
Maby another store. I would like to open one overseas, Singapore, LA, even Itay, why not take it back to them.




12.Do you ever see yourself expanding Theo & Co to more then just pizzas and dessert pizza's?
I do want to do more things than pizza, but if I do, it won't be called Theo & Co. Theo & Co will always be making pizzas.




13.Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to start a business?
Yes, Don't do it!!! Go down to the Swan River and throw $100,000 into it, that will be less painful and at least you only lose $100k.

If you are an idiot like me, and don't listen. This is my advice: Work hard, and when you think you can't work anymore get up, shut up, and do it again!
For the first 5 years you have to do a minimum of 80 to 100 hours a week. If you are a soft cock and want a 36 hour week, fuck off and go and do something else!!!

Thanks Theo you are the best xxx


"Do yourself a favour and try some of the best pizza you have probably ever had in your life!"





For more information on Theo & Co, check out the info below!


Theo & Co locations: 
VICTORIA PARK: 838 Albany Highway. 
phone: 9361 6776

LEEDERVILLE: 147 Oxford street
phone: 9201 9638

Facebook:facebook/theoandcopizzeria

Instagram:instagram@theoandcopizzeria

Website:theoandcopizzeria.com.au






Me, theo & The Skillet Mac & 4 cheese pizza




Me & Theo in the kitchen




PEACE X



-------------------------------

--------------------------------

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts